Note: this post was written in anticipation of our very first Minimalist Wardrobe Challenge in Fall 2016. Although the live challenge is now over you can now purchase the Minimalist Wardrobe Challenge at a reduced price of $17 (down from $49)!
I'm very excited to announce the launch of the first Minimalist Wardrobe Challenge. This wardrobe challenge is centered around classic pieces you'll wear year after year to build a versatile wardrobe with plenty of mix and match outfit options. If you have wanted to try the "minimalist" look, this challenge is for you. If you love color but want to incorporate more neutrals, this challenge can also help you.
Wondering why you should take the challenge?
- It's an affordable way to have a personal stylist. 30 pre-styled outfits. Enough said.
- This challenge will help you save time and money by knowing exactly what to buy. Everything in the challenge goes with other pieces and can be paired up multiple ways. Shop mindfully and with a purpose. No more "orphans" in your closet!
- It's an easy way to learn how to "upgrade your look". Many of you have written that you'd like to upgrade your look. Even adding one or two of the right pieces can instantly update your style.
- You'll learn how to create simple yet put-together outfits. It's so easy to get into a styling rut, always wearing the same pieces together without considering new combinations. The outfits in the challenge are essentially templates you can recreate with other items of clothing.
- Wardrobes based on neutrals don't have to be boring. Simple styling suggestions encourage you to use the pieces in ways you might not have considered. Accessories are a great way to introduce your personality, as are your favorite pieces. You can even inject your own style into the challenge pieces.
+ Will I have to spend a lot of money on new pieces?
Nope! You'll find that you already have a lot of pieces that will work in your closet. It's up to you how much you spend on new items. I strongly advocate shopping your closet first! If you have a similar item in your wardrobe or a question about whether you can substitute a fitted cardigan for a blazer, the answer is yes. Make this challenge work for you!
+ I'm plus sized. Will this work for me?
Capsule wardrobes work whether you're a size 2 ... or a size 22. Many consultants working with capsule wardrobes don't focus much on plus sized capsules. I just want you to know if you are plus-sized, this challenge will work for you, too.
+ I'm trying to move away from buying fast fashion. Are there options for me?
If you want to move towards a more sustainable wardrobe, this challenge is for you! SO many of these pieces are available from ethical brands.
+ I live in the Southern Hemisphere or a hot location. Will I be able to participate?
You are more than welcome to participate! For those who do experience cooler weather, you'll have lifetime access to the challenge so you'll be prepared when Fall rolls around. Although the outfits in this challenge will not be customized, think about warmer weather alternatives you can swap in. For example, a lightweight cotton cardigan instead of a cozy long cardigan, sandals for knee-high boots.
Once you have those pieces in place, you can try a different outfit combo every day for 21-30 days created from pieces on your list. No more decision fatigue!
Have more time for yourself and feel your best by joining the challenge! If you feel stuck in a rut, don't know how to combine outfits, or want to upgrade your outfits, this challenge is for you.
At $17, this challenge will save you time and money because you'll know exactly what to get and how to style your outfits. For the cost of a handful of lattes, what have you got to lose?
OK, don't put it off: join the Minimalist Wardrobe Challenge! It's almost Fall 2017, so get prepping.