How to Dress Better with the Minimalist Wardrobe Challenge
The Fall Minimalist Wardrobe Challenge is over, but we're working on a new free challenge!
I'm very excited to announce the launch of the first Minimalist Wardrobe Challenge. This wardrobe challenge is centered around classic pieces you'll wear year after year to build a versatile wardrobe with plenty of mix and match outfit options. If you have wanted to try the "minimalist" look, this challenge is for you. If you love color but want to incorporate more neutrals, this challenge can also help you.
Wondering why you should join the challenge?
- It's an affordable way to have a personal stylist. In addition to a shopping list of timeless wardrobe staples, we'll use a stylist platform to incorporate five of your favorite pieces to create at least ten more outfits. You can even upload your whole closet if you like.
- This challenge will help you save time and money by knowing exactly what to buy. Everything in the challenge goes with other pieces and can be paired up multiple ways. Shop mindfully and with a purpose. No more "orphans" in your closet!
- It's an easy way to learn how to "upgrade your look". Many of you have written that you'd like to upgrade your look. Even adding one or two of the right pieces can instantly update your style.
- You'll learn how to create simple yet put-together outfits. It's so easy to get into a styling rut, always wearing the same pieces together without considering new combinations. The outfits in the challenge are essentially templates you can recreate with other items of clothing.
- Wardrobes based on neutrals don't have to be boring. Simple styling suggestions encourage you to use the pieces in ways you might not have considered. Accessories are a great way to introduce your personality, as are your favorite pieces. You can even inject your own style into the challenge pieces.
Once you have those pieces in place, you will receive a different outfit combo every day for 21 days created from pieces on your list. No more decision fatigue! But the best part of all is our private Facebook community where we share shopping tips and advice, post pics of our outfits and make real life friends! No Facebook? You can still participate in the challenge and chat with me as we go along.
+ Will I have to spend a lot of money on new pieces?
Nope! You'll find that you already have a lot of pieces that will work in your closet. It's up to you how much you spend on new items. You're free to shop the suggestions or find pieces at your favorite stores. I strongly advocate shopping your closet first! If you have a similar item in your wardrobe or a question about whether you can substitute a fitted cardigan for a blazer, you'll have access to me - we will make this challenge work for you!
+ I'm plus sized. Will this work for me?
Capsule wardrobes work whether you're a size 2 ... or a size 22. Many consultants working with capsule wardrobes don't focus much on plus sized capsules. I just want you to know if you are plus-sized, this challenge will work for you, too. In addition to the plus sized items on the shopping list, I'll help you find pieces that will work for you.
+ I'm trying to move away from buying fast fashion. Are there options for me?
If you want to move towards a more sustainable wardrobe, this challenge is for you! I've even included some favorite clothing suggestions from companies focused on humane labor practices, sound environmental policies, and transparency.
+ I don't live in the US. Can I still participate?
Definitely! We already have an international group. If you need help finding pieces, point me to your favorite online stores and I'll help you out. Additionally, Facebook group members from around the world will share their finds.
+ I live in the Southern Hemisphere or a hot location. Will I be able to participate?
You are more than welcome to participate! For those who do experience cooler weather, you'll have lifetime access to the challenge so you'll be prepared when Fall rolls around. Although the outfits in the challenge will not be customized, we'll come up with a few warmer weather alternatives you can swap in. For example, a lightweight cotton cardigan instead of a cozy long cardigan, sandals for knee-high boots. Just make sure you send me an email after you've signed up.
+ What if a suggested piece doesn't work for me?
Once you have signed up, just send me an email and we'll come up with suitable substitutions. For example, if you can't wear heels or ballet flats, you can substitute oxfords, loafers, wedges, etc.
Have more time for yourself and feel your best by joining the challenge! If you feel stuck in a rut, don't know how to combine outfits, or want to upgrade your outfits, this challenge is for you.
The challenge even comes with a money back guarantee. What have you got to lose?
Still not sure?
I'm here to answer any and all questions you have about the challenge. For personal questions, please email me at email@example.com. For general questions helpful to all, please ask in the comments. There are also more information in the FAQ section here.
Additional Outfits you can Create from the Challenge Pieces